The Ghoul

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by MrGhastly MrGhastly 1 year ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Everyone has their favorite horror hosts from the past. Someone who we loved and ultimately pushed us into becoming a horror host ourselves. Now there are alot of classic hosts out there that were really good and they left their mark for sure. However we all have our personal favorites. Mine is The Ghoul. I watched him here in Ohio but due to his travels to Detroit he’s influence is legendary. I don’t know if it was his attitude, his love for boom booms, or just the general zaniness of his show that attracted me the most. I think it was a bit of everything combined. I have had the honor of meeting and talking with Ron Sweed last year and he was not what I expected. Over the years he has…well let’s just say…build a difficult reputation. That is furthest from the truth. He was open and was willing to talk with me about the past, present, and future. His stories and experiences he shared with me were awesome to say the least. I look forward to meeting him again to further the conversation we started when we met. I’m curious about your thoughts folks. Did you ever see his show? Were you a fan? It’s a shame that there isn’t more footage of him out there to be seen other than a handful of segments on Youtube and on his site. IF anyone has anything…pics, video, etc. to share please do!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #144 Score: 0
    MrGhastly
    MrGhastly
    Participant
    1 pts

I picked up a DVD of ‘The Best of The Ghoul’ at a con a year or two ago after seeing him on American Scary. I’d heard about him but only seen snippets until I found this. It’s about 2 hours of footage ranging 10+ years of his career and I’ve rapidly become a fan and hope to meet him myself someday.

The Ghoul

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by MrGhastly MrGhastly.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Stay creepy!
    -Mr. Ghastly - horror host, monster kid, and purveyor of shenanigans
    Find me online at:
    Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.